In This Issue:
- Highlights from Hanukkah Night Fever
- Menchie's CEO to Speak in Woodland Hills
- JNET Cares
- Involvement Opportunities
Highlights from Hanukkah Night Fever!
More than 130 JNET members boogied the night away at our "Hanukkah Night Fever" Winter Mixer, held on December 20 at Temple Judea in Tarzana. JNET member Betsy Schmittke and her mentor/partner Rafael Galante surprised the crowd with two beautiful and sultry tango dances. Members donated over 30 raffle prizes, including gift cards, baskets, services and more. For the first time, JNET also held a 50/50 opportunity drawing, which helped raise extra money for the organization. Randy Michel was the lucky winner of half the prize money.
Many thanks to all those who contributed to the event, especially the Social Committee. Special thanks to Social Committee Chair Sandy Hollander, David Becker, who led the raffle collection and setup, and Judy Robitschek, who designed the flyer.
The JNET Social Committee from left to right: Sharon Hice, Marcine Campbell, David Becker, Sandy Hollander (Chair), Zeda Spiegel, and Jackson Schwartz
Discover the Recipe for "Sweet" Success at JNET Woodland Hills
What makes companies, people, brands, and organizations stand out and grow? Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt CEO Amit Kleinberger will address this at JNET Woodland Hills' annual event on Tuesday, January 24, from 6-9 p.m. at Temple Aliyah (6025 Valley Circle Blvd., Woodland Hills).
Kleinberger has developed his company into the fastest-growing food franchise in the U.S., and the largest frozen yogurt franchise in the world. He will share with JNET his recipe for business success, including a unique management style greatly influenced by his service in the Israeli Defense Force.
Entitled "Think Different," this year's special event features keynote speaker Kleinberger, along with the JNET Community Marketplace, showcasing members' goods and services. Light refreshments will be served.
Admission is free, but an RSVP is required to hold your spot. Click here to sign up ASAP so you don’t miss out! We are expecting a huge crowd of 250+.
We want to thank all our sponsors and highlight our Marketplace Platinum Sponsors: Douglas Wolf, Family Law Attorney, Jackson Schwartz & Ben Tadelis, Morgan Stanley; Jackie Mendelson, ArabicaDabra Coffee Company; David Shannon, Family & Cosmetic Dentistry; Fred Gruber, First Rate Financial Group; Jennifer Maraia, Mom the Realtor, The Maraia Group; Joel Goldman, ComForCare Home Care; Deborah Shapiro, Alpha Omega Professionals; Sandy Rosenholz, Senior Resources; George Schaffer, Real Estate Professional, Berkshire Hathaway; and Kathleen Goldner, Shalev Senior Living.
- Mazel Tov to Doug and Vicki Wolf on the marriage of their son Jordan to Katie.
- Congratulations to Florence Silverstein (JNET West Hills), who just released a Kindle ebook titled Yoga Fitness. Learn more at goo.gl/V47wIY.
- Mazel Tov to Janet Wolf on the engagement of her son Matthew to Rachel.
- Kudos to Florence Silverstein for stepping up and accepting the role of Membership Coordinator and Speaker Coordinator for JNET Tarzana AM. Robin Kellogg is the new Public Relations/E-Blast Coordinator for the chapter.
- Many thanks to Tatiana Davidov, who has accepted the position of Public Relations/E-blast Coordinator for the Bel Air chapter.
- Thank you also to Diane Taub, who will be JNET Westwood’s new Membership Coordinator starting in February.
- Kudos to Larry Estrin for taking over the responsibility of Raves and Reviews at Tarzana PM chapter meetings.
If you have news about JNET members (business successes, mitzvahs, get well wishes, condolences, etc.), please contact Sandy Hollander at email@example.com or Max Izenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, Co-Chairs of the Care Committee.
JNET in the News
- JNET’s “How Jews Schmooze” ad appeared in the December 16-22 edition of the Jewish Journal (page 8) as well as the publication’s 2017 City Guide (page 19), a community directory distributed free (while supplies last) wherever you pick up your weekly Jewish Journal. Thank you once again to Judy Robitschek for designing the eye-catching ad, which hopefully will attract many newcomers to JNET meetings in 2017.
Volunteering is the best way to develop deeper relationships, get known by JNET’s leaders and members and strengthen personal and business connections. Please consider lending a little of your time, energy and expertise to the growth and success of JNET by taking one of the chapter positions available or considering what you can contribute to our organization on the committee or Board level. You can assist with PR or the functionality of our website, help chapters fill their speaker slots, be on the Social Committee and help plan our mixers—or fill a void that is yet to be discovered.
The Thousand Oaks and Westwood chapters are in need of a Public Relations/Eblast Coordinator. The position involves adding meetings to the online Calendar, creating flyers, emailing meeting notifications, and posting information on social media and online bulletin boards. No previous PR experience is necessary, though good writing and computer skills and attention to detail are a must. Training will be provided. For more information, contact JNET Thousand Oaks President Steve Marche at 805-374-6000 or ThousandOaks@jnetonline.org, or JNET Westwood President Barry Sikov at 310-476-9720 or Westwood@jnetonline.org.
If you are interesting in serving on a JNET committee, please contact Judi Lirman, Chair of the Nominating Committee, at 818-939-7098 or JudiMFT@gmail.com.
JNET Contact Information:
Chapter Support – Judi Lirman, Judimft@gmail.com
Care Committee – Sandy Hollander, email@example.com and Max Izenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance – Randy Michel, CPA email@example.com
Growth – Jackie Mendelson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership – Dalia Hayon, email@example.com, and Max Izenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs/Speakers – Jennifer Maraia, Jennifer@MomTheRealtor.com
Public Relations/Communications – Robin Kellogg, email@example.com
Facebook Page – JNET Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
LinkedIn Group – Stuart Fried, email@example.com
Social Events – Sandy Hollander, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Gail Salem, email@example.com
Website – JNET Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Other questions – email@example.com
Stay Connected and Join the Conversation:
4919 Topanga Cyn. Blvd.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364